Curos® Passive Disinfection Devices
Curos products are intended for use on swabbable luer access valves and male-luer devices to disinfect prior to line access and to act as a physical barrier to contamination between line accesses. All Curos products are FDA cleared.
- Disinfects in 3 minutes.
- “Always Clean” approach eliminates user technique variation.
- Tested to effectively kill 6 common organisms.
- Luer-lock caps twist on easily and securely, meeting INS guidelines.
- Hospital Studies have documented reduced infection rates and fewer contaminated blood cultures.
- Less time required by nurses compared to manual scrubbing.
- Dispensed as individual caps or as Strips that can be hung on I.V. poles for convenient access.
- Less packaging waste for disposal.
- Brightly colored caps verify that a port is clean at a glance.
- Disinfection compliance can be easily and reliably measured.
Curos Family of Products
Simple to use, Curos luer-locks securely onto needleless IV ports to effectively disinfect in 3 minutes. If not removed, ports stay clean and protected for 7 days while serving as visual confirmation that the port is clean.
The ten-cap, foil-backed Curos Strip dispenser provides a convenient supply of Curos port protectors at the point of care. Hung on an IV pole, the Strip offers a visual compliance cue and can be cut down to limit waste.
Tested for compatibility with Tego Hemodialysis Connectors, the distinctively white Curos for Tego port protector securely attaches to the Tego valve without damaging its surface.
Tego is a registered trademark of ICU Medical.
Curos Tips™ disinfect and protect male luer devices with 70% IPA. In the device’s inner cavity, a movable piston keeps the alcohol precisely where it is needed — on the exterior of the male luer.