Curos® Passive Disinfection Devices
Curos products are intended for use on swabbable luer access valves and male-luer devices to disinfect prior to line access and to act as a physical barrier to contamination between line accesses. All Curos products are FDA cleared.
- Disinfects in 3 minutes.
- “Always Clean” approach eliminates user technique variation.
- Tested to effectively kill 6 common organisms.
- Luer-lock caps twist on easily and securely, meeting INS guidelines.
- Hospital Studies have documented reduced infection rates and fewer contaminated blood cultures.
- Less time required by nurses compared to manual scrubbing.
- Dispensed as individual caps or as Strips that can be hung on I.V. poles for convenient access.
- Less packaging waste for disposal.
- Brightly colored caps verify that a port is clean at a glance.
- Disinfection compliance can be easily and reliably measured.
Curos Family of Products
Simple to use, Curos luer-locks securely onto needleless IV ports to effectively disinfect in 3 minutes. If not removed, ports stay clean and protected for 7 days while serving as visual confirmation that the port is clean.
Curos Tips™ disinfect and protect male luer devices with 70% IPA. In the device’s inner cavity, a movable piston keeps the alcohol precisely where it is needed — on the exterior of the male luer.