For Male Luer connectors
Curos Tips use 70% isopropyl alcohol (IPA) to passively disinfect and protect all critical surfaces of male luer connections on intravenous tubing sets.
- Effective Disinfection. Curos® Tips™ passively bathe the surface of a male luer device with 70% isopropyl alcohol. In three (3) minutes Tips disinfect the device. Once attached, Curos Tips act to cover and protect the male luer.
- Colored for Compliance. The highly visible bright green caps allow auditors to monitor caregiver disinfection practice compliance.
- Convenient Dispensing. Curos Tips come in a convenient strip dispenser, which places five disinfecting Tips in easy reach of a clinician at the point of care.
- Twist On, Stay On. Curos luer-lock port protectors twist on easily and stay securely in place — meeting 2011 INS guidelines for add-on devices.
- Made in the USA
- Shelf life: 2 years.
- U.S. Patent number 8,172,825
Disinfection by Design
Curos® Tips™ disinfect male luer devices with 70% Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA) retained in the inner cavity of the Tips housing by a movable piston. The piston has a flexible skirt that keeps the alcohol below the piston and within the housing.
When the piston is depressed by an inserted male luer, the piston is moved and the skirt flexes to allow the IPA to flow around the piston to bathe and disinfect the male luer.
For effective disinfection, Curos Tips are designed to keep the alcohol precisely where it is needed — on the exterior of the male luer. Curos Tips luer lock into place on the male luer device to cover and disinfect until next use.
Curos® Tips™ are intended for use as a disinfecting cleaner for male luer connectors. Curos Tips will disinfect the male luer (3) minutes after application and should cover the luer until removed. The effectiveness of Curos Tips was tested in vitro against Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Candida glabrata, and Candida albicans. Curos Tips may be used in the home or healthcare facility.
Instructions for Use
- Peel the Curos® Tip™ from the foil strip.
- Once removed, push and twist the Curos Tip onto the end of the male luer.
- The Curos Tip must remain on the male luer for a minimum of three (3) minutes and may remain on as a cover until removed.
- A new Curos Tip should be placed on the male luer after each use.
- Discard the Curos Tip after use.
- Do not use if the foil is broken, torn, punctured, or if the cap inside appears to be dry.
- Always follow CDC or hospital protocol for disinfection of I.V. lines.
- If the male luer on the I.V. line is heavily soiled, clean with a 70% Isopropyl alcohol swab prior to using the Curos Tips.
|Curos Tips™ Strip|
|Legacy Product Order Number||3M Product Order Number||Boxes Per Case||Units Per Box||Total Units Per Case||Patent Number|
|003-300||CM5-200||10||40 strips; 5 Tips/strip||2,000||8,172,825|
Curos® Disinfection Efficacy over Time
Independent Laboratory Data.
Inside the Curos device is a solution of 70% isopropyl alcohol (IPA). The IPA bathes the surface of the luer-activated needlefree valve. The effectiveness of Curos Port Protectors was tested in vitro against six common organisms.
For more information regarding organisms associated with catheter related bloodstream infections, refer to Wenzel RP and Edmond MB. The Impact of Hospital-Acquired Bloodstream Infections. Emerg Infect Dis. 2001 Mar-Apr;7(2):174-7.